iCharger 4010 Duo Problems

zerberfert

It's me again Margart. lol

Another post, another problem. Why it is always that way. If there is a problem, it will happen to me. I bought the Kweld spot welder and need a battery strong enough to power it. I saw online that some are using the SPIM08HP's to power it. I built a 7s battery with them. Should have enough power, I hope.

I am using an 8s plug, just not using the last wire. Not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Here is a picture of a handheld battery checker:

image_hwbjjb.jpg

image_cwlxrc.jpg

Working fine. Hopefully that means I have everything hooked up correctly, or so I thought.

When I plug the balance leads into the 4010, some of the cells flash for a second (not the correct ones mine you). It's like cells 2, 5, 9 but it's never the same ones. Then it goes blank. However it shows the overall voltage on the top, connection 1 on the left. Here is the picture:

image_prvifq.jpg

Not sure why it's not showing the individual cell voltages. Any ideas? What is this idiot doing wrong?

Zerb

Maybe the iCharger sense leads are wired in the opposite direction as the cheap meter? I have the same cheap meter and an iCharger X8 and the most negative is on opposite ends of the connector - I had to make a cross-over cable for sense leads.

On the kweld question The recommended battery I believe is a 3s4p or 4s3p could be wrong because I don't have one.

later floyd

@OffGrid - yea, the iCharger balance leads are backwards. Not just from the cheap handheld but also the 2 different balance leads I bought (6s and 8s). Not sure why they did that. It might be to make the balance board to line up properly.

@floydR - Not sure what is actually recommend. I will have to double check that. I watched someone on YouTube (maybe a mistake) that used the same batteries but only in 4s for 12v's and he did several 100 spot welds before the voltage dropped a few tenths.

Back