4 wire IR swiper or holder?

Sed6

I have my YR1030 to start testing cells but no test fixture. Below are three different types; spring loaded, ratcheting and thumb screw. Any experience or suggestions for me?

image_nelajj.jpg

All look cumbersome to use and if not mounted or affixed to something probably require two hands to load/unload. Any tips on using them quickly?

Lastly do you think I can can use any old USB charge cord I have lying around and cut/strip the wires, or will I need thicker gauge wires and bare USB plug I can solder thicker wires to?

Thanks for any tips!

Sed6 said:
I have my YR1030 to start testing cells but no test fixture. Below are three different types; spring loaded, ratcheting and thumb screw. Any experience or suggestions for me?

image_nelajj.jpg

All look cumbersome to use and if not mounted or affixed to something probably require two hands to load/unload. Any tips on using them quickly?

Lastly do you think I can can use any old USB charge cord I have lying around and cut/strip the wires, or will I need thicker gauge wires and bare USB plug I can solder thicker wires to?

Thanks for any tips!

Hi Sed6,

I was think just use the gold finish aligators... with a 18650 holder... and aligate it

CG

Out of all the holders out there these are the best.

image_hcpmds.jpg

The clear plastic ones are a pain to use. Cant get the cell in and out easy. You got to use some kind of spacer if you want it to work fast.
Also the ratchet adjustment is goofy.
The PCB based ones are really good. Easy to set with thumb screws for the cell size, quick insertion, read the IR and V and on to the next one.
Comes with the RC3563 if you order it with it.
Also they are calibrated to the tester. But you can make your own.
Just be aware you may be off a couple of m?.

Wolf

Back