Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question ... Dual Coil Limiter cable for GTIL
Hi All,

I just ordered a two CT clamps rated 100A / 50mah ...
... to connect them in series to cover both hots..... and suppously this will allow us to read properly the whole house consumption.....

But I was checking this guy dual ct clamp "Calibrated" and "Adjustable":

no afialiated link:
Here

Here's the adjuster:

Question, I was planing to get cts and test load and reading at home ... but in my noob environment just doing the series connection will not be calibrated and probable will not read load right... I know will not be perfect reading but a 0.5% deviation will be ok?

The cable comes with :

"The limiter cable is a special 2 coil electronically calibrated cable with a circuit to always allow approximately 7 watts down, and TWO coils to monitor the standard unbalanced load."

newbies should go for the cali and adj dual CT ?

I'm planing to test by myself and if I cant make it... do the other route....

I leave it here just in case other noobs are planing the same....

and would like to here ur experiences and input about dual CT

CG.
Based in Panama

PV = 3 x 200W
Bat = GEL 250Ah
Feeding Fans / CCTV / Modem-Router / Android Boxes

Going on-grid
** 333 ** batteries harvested / getting GTILv2 1Kw auto sense 22-65V
Lots of items coming from china - usa

...Updating as progress flow...
I am going to guess what you need to do to test and calibrate the CTs is to put a known load and see what the inverter says. Then make the adjustments with the trim pot to fine tune it.

I can't tell what model of the SCT sensor those are to look up their specs. They made by YHDC. I have several of them and also built a power monitor system for my mains. Altho mine doesn't interface with an inverter.
He's definitely charging a premium for those cables/sensors. The sensors alone are <$10 a piece, depending on the amp rating needed. The connection that goes into the inverter looks to be a standard cable as well. The only difference I can see here is he added a trim pot inline to allow for fine adjustment of the sensor.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
(06-22-2020, 07:54 PM)Korishan Wrote: I am going to guess what  you need to do to test and calibrate the CTs is to put a known load and see what the inverter says. Then make the adjustments with the trim pot to fine tune it.

I can't tell what model of the SCT sensor those are to look up their specs. They made by YHDC. I have several of them and also built a power monitor system for my mains. Altho mine doesn't interface with an inverter.
He's definitely charging a premium for those cables/sensors. The sensors alone are <$10 a piece, depending on the amp rating needed. The connection that goes into the inverter looks to be a standard cable as well. The only difference I can see here is he added a trim pot inline to allow for fine adjustment of the sensor.

Yes is a YHDC 100A/50ma
And I will test first my series attempt... get some help and then ... last resource... sink few bucks for that cable... 
Based in Panama

PV = 3 x 200W
Bat = GEL 250Ah
Feeding Fans / CCTV / Modem-Router / Android Boxes

Going on-grid
** 333 ** batteries harvested / getting GTILv2 1Kw auto sense 22-65V
Lots of items coming from china - usa

...Updating as progress flow...
I own-use 2 of the 2kw gtil2s. I’ve used 2 different types of CTs. The cables he sells do work, although expensive.. he calibrates the CTs with an inline resistor, just recently he started adding a trim pot due to variations from one inverter to another.. I made a set of cables and did not use a resistor and they worked well. I have an iotawatt that confirmed this.. my CTs were to small for my wires so I ordered a cable from him with bigger CTs but I have the trim pot adjusted so that it might aswell not even be in the wiring.. if u are using the 1kw inverter (that’s what the seller owns) then I’d recommend the inline resistor. the trim pot is for fine tuning.
Whatever u decide to do I’d make sure to have a really good solar-home energy monitor to confirm it was working properly..