Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iCharger 4010 Duo Temp Problems
Hello again,

I noticed something weird today when charging some batteries. I always unplug the main leads when loading batteries in my holders (holds 24 18540's). When I plugged in the main leads before I could turn on the charging program I noticed the temp of the unit starting rising and fans going to max. It went all the way up to 104F. I unplugged the main leads and the temp went down instantly. I took all the batteries out of the holder and waited till the temp came down to room temp (74F). I then plugged in the main leads with no batteries and the temp started rising again. It does this to both charging ports (left and right side).

Any clues?

Zerb
wrong polarity?
Though the unit is protected from that so shouldnt be but its weird if both ports do the same....
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
Polarity is correct. I can plug in 1 of the main leads (don't matter which one) and it temp goes up, but slowly.

So weird.
Is the Battery hooked to neutral of some kind at same time?
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
I contacted Progressive RC about my problem. They said they think the internal temp is controlled by resistance, and it sounds like some of the traces are corrupted somehow.

Thanks for trying to help, you are good about that. I really appreciate it.
I heard from ProgressiveRC yesterday. Chad said that they could no replicate my problem. They can't find anything wrong with it. Because of that, I have to pay for return shipping. I also had to pay to ship it there even though it's under warranty (1 month old). He said if it had something wrong and they fixed it they would paid for return shipping. Since they didn't do anything to it the warranty doesn't cover the shipping. Sad