Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pazuri Powerwall
(10-16-2020, 03:44 PM)dragonfly Wrote: I must be missing something, I'm using linux commandline, because I run it on the pi zero, over ssh

I created a local branch call dragonfly, then I try to commit it with

git push origin dragonfly

but that's when I get the error.

You cannot push directly to the github repo. Github is configured to have maintainers of a project who control quality as well as ensure conflicts are resolved in a streamlined manner. For easy collaboration, you should:
  1. Create an account on github and clone my master branch, badili/diy_power_monitoring, to your account/branch, lets call it github/dragonfly
  2. Clone your github/dragonfly to your local machine/pi, lets call it local/dragonfly (you will need to configure your machine with SSH keys to allow pushing back to github/dragonfly)
  3. Make your changes locally on local/dragonfly and test it to make sure its working (I think you have already done this)
  4. Once you are happy with the changes on local/dragonfly, push your changes to github/dragonfly
  5. To merge your changes back to badili/diy_power_monitoring, create a pull request, requesting to merge badili/diy_power_monitoring and github/dragonfly
  6. I will get a notification of the pull request and then merge your request
Alternatively, send me your github username and I will add you to the project team and I will give you access to push to a branch dragonfly which I have created. I will then merge your changes.

#letsdothis
You cant commit to a repo you dont have acc to. You need to do a pull request
Look at the Link from solloh
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
I got a little further, struggling with step 5, my changes are on github at https://github.com/dragonflyuk/diy_power...onitoring/
Good progress. I am checking on how I can help you create a PR

Ok, you cant create a PR since you didn't clone my repo from my github to your github...

I can pull your changes offline, commit them to my github and then:
1. You clone from my github to your github
2. Clone from your github to your local machine
3. Make changes on your local machine and send them to your github
4. Create a PR request to my github

or

You repeat the process from post #21 (https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread...2#pid68762) and this time you clone from my github to your github as the first step. You might have to delete your current repository or create a new one.
Okay I did struggle with the clone, from your GitHub to mine, I thought I'd done it right but obviously not. Can you point me to instructions to cloning your GitHub to my account, I think I might have imported it by mistake.
1. Log in to your github account
2. Navigate to my github project --> https://github.com/badili/diy_powerwall_monitoring
3. On the top right of my project, click the fork button
4. Select your account
5. Github will fork my project to your account
6. If successful, under the name of your project, it will show forked from ...
7. Now you can go ahead and work from your github project

Update:

I finally got to select the cells that will go to the final powerwall. Final configuration:

1. 7S75P configuration for a total 525 cells
2. Average cell capacity: 2066 mAh
3. Total capacity: 3.72 kWh

Next is soldering, connections and testing
(10-21-2020, 04:56 AM)Solloh Wrote: 1. Log in to your github account
2. Navigate to my github project --> https://github.com/badili/diy_powerwall_monitoring
3. On the top right of my project, click the fork button
4. Select your account
5. Github will fork my project to your account
6. If successful, under the name of your project, it will show forked from ...
7. Now you can go ahead and work from your github project

Update:

I finally got to select the cells that will go to the final powerwall. Final configuration:

1. 7S75P configuration for a total 525 cells
2. Average cell capacity: 2066 mAh
3. Total capacity: 3.72 kWh

Next is soldering, connections and testing

Think it finally worked.
Yes it has worked. I received the PR