Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about solar panels
I live in the Bay Area of California and I’ve been getting quotes for solar panels for my home. I need a new roof as well so I’ve been searching for a company that does both roofs and solar panels in an effort to save some money.
2 of the companies I’ve had come out and give bids are pretty similar in price. A brand new roof and a 5.6 kw system for roughly 36k total before tax incentives. So roughly 6k in incentives - the solar systems were about $20,500
The third company quoted me a price of 37k but they said they would pay the roof out of their pocket and make it look like my solar system cost the 37k and my tax credit would be almost 12k
Is that a legal move for the third company to propose?
Do those prices seem fair?
Thanks!
appvalley tutuapp tweakbox
Once posted here, you have created legal evidence.... option 3 may be clear fraud unless it's structured as a loan agreement with the ability to repay the loan without penalty at your discression. Then again I'm not a lawyer.

Solar tiles, tesla ?
If you can't quantify how much they cost, it's a deal, I'll buy 5 of them for 3 lumps of rocking horse ......
As long as you have it in writing that they will be doing both roof and PV.. though I agree why not ask Tesla for a quote for solar tiles?