hellol! From Ireland

vimes1984

Hello there,
I'm currently building a little off grid system and researching battery options, I really want to build a powerwall but I've yet to find a decent step by step instructional vid.
I've built myself a little waterwheel for now and am currently in the process of wiring it to the little shed :)

some of the waterwheel build here :)

image_iinnwp.jpg

image_lauioa.jpg

image_pspjjc.jpg

image_eypqgn.jpg

image_rdaqmq.jpg

image_zihcad.jpg

image_qvboqg.jpg

image_yhypzn.jpg

>really want to build a powerwall but I've yet to find a decent step by step instructional vid.
There's a youtuber @Joe Malovich that uses a water driven generator to make electricity. This episode will give you an intro -https://youtu.be/xjr2IZLaggQ where he feeds the generated power into a Midnite Classic Charge Controller- e.g. an example that a MidniteClassic will work to convert this type of power generation into battery charging.

The general outline of doing a powerwall is something like this:

Power (Water or Solar)-> Charge Controller -> Battery Bank -> Inverter -> power-consumption.

You can choose off-grid, grid-tie, or hybrid - just substitute water power for solar power in systems you see:)

Awesome water wheel.

Get some old disk drives people are throwing out and remove the magnets. Add these to the side of the wheel and then add a one or more coils that the magnets will pass. POWWWWEEER !

A car (or truck) alternator could be a good way to get 12 (or 24V) from the water wheel
Have you calculated how much power you will get from the wheel. If the wheel is 2m high and there is 10kg of water in each bucket, a rotation gets ~200 Joules. If a half rotation is 10 seconds, that is 20W.
A car alternator is 45-60W.

Also, I may be able to get you some second like 7.5V 35Wh packs in Ireland

Eugene

Back