Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About to start 48v hybrid system
(07-07-2020, 06:37 AM)daromer Wrote: Those on back are micro inverters and they are grid tie.

You run high voltage longer distances. My panel arraya are 500+ vdc. It just run multiple wiring

Yes, of course. That was my first plan. Also adding protection from the grid supply and build a dump controller. That before knowing if they work without a frequency feed.

And how you raise the potential, simply mounting panels in series? And then the charger must support all this voltage or you insert a step down device?

Mmmm, not convinced on this setup.
Panels in series. My system have MPPT that range 350-950VDC so thats not a problem.

My chargers on other hand is max 140VDC so for those i have many wires coming down from the roof.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(07-07-2020, 04:26 PM)daromer Wrote: Panels in series. My system have MPPT that range 350-950VDC so thats not a problem.

My chargers on other hand is max 140VDC so for those i have many wires coming down from the roof.

What inverter rig would you recommend me?

I have a top avg daily consumption of 9,5kwh
I'm planning to build a 12,5kwh first battery (14s100p 2,4Ah cells)
and 10-12 x 330w panels as the first batch.

I'm trying to find which inverter suits me as a first unit, but by now I'm already dizzy.

My goals are the self production of energy, improve energy quality and avoid the frequent dropouts. And having an example installation for developing monitoring and Iot devices. Perhaps support for ev charging in a medium term (that's a futurible, though)

I suppose that I need an hybrid device, zero-injection (as in my country not only you are not paid for the energy you serve, but you have to pay a fee) that has a high input voltage, for remote panels, and just few minutes ago I've been said that not all inverters allow charging Lithium batteries Undecided

I'll try to learn a bit more so I can understand all advices you give me.
You should go with offgrid then. Then you cant feed back to grid.

What you need depends on what you can oau. Victron?

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Well, I was not right saying that here the energy injected is not paid. It is, but at 0,01cts per kw. Depending on your tariff that could be a 1/4 the price of the consumption. And half of the total amount are fees that you cannot compensate.

I'm still struggling to find the inverter suitable for me.
@daromer, yours is a connected one, isn't it? And how can you connect other devices in parallel? I've been said that this is not possible without a paralellizable system.
I run a grid tie hybrid system. Grid tie systems can have as many paralell systems as you want on the grid Side.
On the load Side the inverter must be capable of being paralelled and most of them have an Interface where they hook each other together for it to work. Dont try to parallel systema not ment for it.

So I almost have the whole system designed. I'll get a Victron Multiplus 48/5000 and a Victron regulator.
But I have problems deciding what regulator it's best suited for my PV specs.
I've drastically reduced the distance to the panels (less than 6m) by designing a front porch strip, so ditched the 7s2p for a 2s7p.
The problem is that the numbers don't match the Victron chargers. Here are my calculations:

It seemed to me that the 150/70 was short in amperage and power. I'm not completely sure as those watts are theoretical... but I created a new 3s5p configuration. Now the voltage is higher, so even the panels being closer, there is more tolerance in wiring, and I could have misunderstood this, but I think that the mppt will start to follow earlier if the voltage is closer to the end margin (specs say until 53v).
Watts are even more out of spec for the 150/70, but the 150/85 seems a better fit now. But I think it's oversized in intensity.

What should I choose?

On the other hand, the 3s5p leaves one panel isolated in a new row. I don't know if it will look strange.
I have similar Victron gear here & am happy with it.
Looks like you need two MPPT controllers, not one, ie connect half the panels to one, the rest to the other.
I have three to minimize effects of shade & lower current from my 7.8kW solar array.

Re the batteries, build them in modular blocks:
- it's a tried & proven method,
- bad ones can be swapped out,
- you can grow capacity easily &
- it's easier to monitor & balance.

You will need a BMS
Running off solar, DIY & electronics fan :-)