MPP Solar Hybrid V2 3048 cannot mix PV and grid power

Infinity

I have MPP Solar Hybrid V2 3048 which is connected to the grid, solar panels and batteries.

I would like to use it with grid and solar panels so that electricity from solar panels is used for Load and when it's not enough electricity from the grid is added. I don't want to feed in electricity to the grid as it's not allowed yet.

Unfortunately it doesn't work this way. It looks like it consumes PV energy only for its own consumption and for battery charging (usually ~50W). It doesn't use PV energy for Load.

Is it a malfunctioning? Or is this inverter not suitable to mix PV and grid power for Load?

Its normal behavior. You can only do it if you enable the AC charger and then user solar + inverter from battery or use it in hybrid mode where you also allow to sell energy.

Note that unless you have approval you are not allowed to enable the combined mode at all. = Sell to grid. You cant run 0 feed back without approval so you are aware :)

daromer said:
Its normal behavior. You can only do it if you enable the AC charger and then user solar + inverter from battery or use it in hybrid mode where you also allow to sell energy.

Note that unless you have approval you are not allowed to enable the combined mode at all. = Sell to grid. You cant run 0 feed back without approval so you are aware :)

How can I enable AC charger (which settings in SolarPower program or in the LCD Settings)? I believe it's enabled as the battery could be charged from AC (=grid). I am attaching my settings.

Yes, I understand this and that's why I am not using feed in option.

image_vbasuh.jpg

It would be nice is somebody experienced with MPP Solar invertors helps to clarify this behavior. MPP Solar support is silent for the 3d week.

So as I understand it MPP Solar Hybrid V2 3048 cannot mix PV and Grid inputs to use it for Load.

None of their inverters can mix om the load output. Its by their design.
If you need to mix you use Them as normal grid tie systems.

Thats how i have come to conclusion working with Them and have yet to see how to configure it.
My hybrid on other hand can mix somewhat but thats their mpi version. That One is different from the cheaper hybrid.

Why did you buy the hybrid of you Werent going to sell back to the grid? Thats their Main function basically

daromer said:
None of their inverters can mix om the load output. Its by their design.
If you need to mix you use Them as normal grid tie systems.

Thats how i have come to conclusion working with Them and have yet to see how to configure it.
My hybrid on other hand can mix somewhat but thats their mpi version. That One is different from the cheaper hybrid.

Why did you buy the hybrid of you Werent going to sell back to the grid? Thats their Main function basically

That's sad if this invertercannot do that.

I bought hybrid because in theirdescription that it's "true hybrid without constraints" and it can supply PV to load and to the grid. I assumed that it could be possible to switch off supply to the grid and keep supply to the load. Here is the text on their website:

Hybrid V/V2Series, like all hybrid family inverters, offer additional capability to export power to grid when there's surplus energy from solar panels, after satisfying load + battery. One unique advantage of the HV/V2 series is the freedom of true hybrid systems, without constraints of specific national standards so users can typically use this in a wider range of environment.

Exactly. Its an offgrid system that can sell excess. Nothing else ;)

For those appliances needing higher power you put them on the grid site. or you use the built in ATS.

There is a reason why they are cheap. They cant do everything :)

daromer said:
Exactly. Its an offgrid system that can sell excess. Nothing else ;)

For those appliances needing higher power you put them on the grid site. or you use the built in ATS.

There is a reason why they are cheap. They cant do everything :)

What is ATS?

Back