Not Gonna Lie This Was Not What I Expected

Mcflyflyaway20

These coincidentally came together at the same time, a 13s 200A Discharge 100A ChargeDaly Smart BMS w/ Bluetooth and an Icharger X8. But damn the thing is bigger than I thought. This thing is massive, which makes sense since it's 200A but it just caught me off guard. Maybe because I'm used to the cheap small BMS'.

Can't wait to use it and the X8 charger. Planning on connecting it to a future solar array w/ 4 LG bi-facial panels and a Conext+ 5048.

Ignore the rando batteries in the background. Just finished dismantling 115 modem bats, I have 100 more.

Anyone have any experience with this BMS? Did not come with a manual.

Also I bought these from Alibaba and they are probably now my go to if I want to buy these BMS'. Bought 2 7s Daly BMS from Aliexpress and it's still not arrived after more than 2 months. This one from Alibaba took 5-6 days minus the time I was talking to one of the reps.

image_rphova.jpg

Looks like you are off to a decent start.

Good choice of cells and charger. I don't have experience with the BMS, but I suspect it will do its job just fine. I myself have been pretty happy with those Bluetooth units for the convenience of monitoring and control, but I don't really run a high load either.

I am fairly positive this style of BMS doesn't allow that, but I would be pretty happy to be wrong.

ajw22 said:
Does the BMS allow setting of parameters, such as the voltage at which to start balancing?
No idea haven't tested it yet. I've yet to make the 600 batteries that I have into packs and add my existing 24v pack to it. So it might take a while. I haven't seen a lot of people using this kind of bms so its hard to find a manual to it or how to use it.

It seems to have a PC application with a "Parameter settings" tab, but there is no snapshot of it. There is also talk of (older versions?) not supporting low temperature cutoff.
Would love a full review of thisBMS, even with just a 7s1p test setup.

image_huvpcq.jpg

ajw22 said:
It seems to have a PC application with a "Parameter settings" tab, but there is no snapshot of it. There is also talk of (older versions?) not supporting low temperature cutoff.
Would love a full review of thisBMS, even with just a 7s1p test setup.

image_huvpcq.jpg
Yeah, once I finish processing all 600 cells and make them in a pack I'll probably post more info about it. Don't have the PC connector though only have bluetooth.

DonaldBitterman said:
Can you post a link to this? I am trying to select a low cost BMS for a 24VDC system
Link to the site that I ordered this?

https://dalyelec.en.alibaba.com/pro....html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.88.46.61006e01zpc5zohttps://dalyelec.en.alibaba.com/pro....html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.88.46.77cb6e01sj6zYK

Some of them have a minimum order of like 5 or more but so unless you want to buy it in bulk however you can order a sample. Regardless the site is pretty easy to navigate. There is a "Ready To Ship" tab where you can just buy the BMS' and a Customization tab where if you request a sample they will contact you asking for a couple of details like what's the continuous discharge of the battery(or how much you want it to discharge), capacity of the battery, quantity of BMS' you want. These are just if you want a custom one.

So far they are pretty good and they are cheaper than the other one I inquired by a significant amount.

Back