Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED] Free - SF Bay Area - 2x undervoltage LG Chem RESU-7H systems
I have two LG Chem RESU-7H systems with <1V cells. They come with mounting hardware and all the power electronics, I haven't tried charging them back up myself but they are free to anyone that might want to tinker with these.

Note that they are fairly heavy. I'm moving places and I won't be able to bring them with me, so free to someone that's able to come by and grab them.

I'm located in Mountain View, CA 94041. I can provide more photos or details if there's interest.
(07-10-2020, 08:13 AM)charithjperera Wrote: I can provide more photos or details if there's interest.

Perhaps post pictures anyways. You catch more flies with sugar Wink

What's a brief history of these cells? Is it known how many cycles they've had?
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
It might be worth driving to the bay area.
When would the batteries need to be picked up?
photos would help

Later floyd
I am interested and could drive out this weekend.
I'll PM you
(07-10-2020, 11:45 AM)Korishan Wrote: Perhaps post pictures anyways. You catch more flies with sugar  Wink

What's a brief history of these cells? Is it known how many cycles they've had?

That's a good point. I've attached some disassembly photos.
I'm not sure what life they've lived, I got them for scrap / recycling but unfortunately upon looking inside - the stack voltage of the batteries was quite low so the cells themselves are very low. I'd imagine it's quite risky to recharge them but I'm not too sure, either way I'm giving these away as dangerous goods and I assume whoever grabs them will know how to handle them safely.

Inside - there are 6x modules of I think 6S1P cells, a DCDC converter with BMS as well as some breakers for the output connections.

I had a total of 3 units, one was disassembled and there's still the casing, power electronics and auxilliary bits. The cells of that were haz-waste'd and there are two more full systems that have not been disassembled yet.

Edit: 400bird, I got your PM but I get a message saying your PM's are disabled.

How odd! I would never expect PM's to be disabled by default. Should be enabled now
Thank you charithjperera
I will keep you informed on the progress with the LG Chem RESU-7H system and also what I plan to do with the case of the one you took apart. But after I finished unloading my jeep I am exhasted might look at the LG Chem RESU-7H system later tonight, much later. LG ESS is heavy, But managed to get it out of the jeep by myself without breaking it or myself.

Thanks again
Floyd
Thank you floydR and 400bird for picking up the units, I look forward to hearing what comes of them!