BMS Top or Middle

507PowerWall

Hi All,

Im goal is reach to 14s90p on my first battery... I have read that is recommended locate BMS in the middle of the stack or battery to have a distributed load/charge...

This doesnt sound 100% valid on my powerwall baby knowledge.... what is your opinion about this topic ?

P.D. = Batrium is out of the ecuation... not ready yet for that League

Regards,
CG

Locate in what Sense? It should set om the battery between the battery and all appliances. No where else

daromer said:
Locate in what Sense? It should set om the battery between the battery and all appliances. No where else

I forgot to mention that I will use PCB boards to stack the batteries
CG

PCB system aint a powerwall in My world :)
You should hev it where its easily accessble. Where that is physicaly doesnt matter. Just beware that the electrical connection should be in the optimal place like oposite ends. Dont think the PCB design support that. In that case middle is best option

Like daromer suggests, the main load current path through the packs should be evenly spread to avoid/reduce higher loading on some cells.
The BMS input & output connections are just that = input & output of the whole battery.
Balancing wire positions & lengths don't matter much because the currents are typically smaller.

Redpacket said:
Like daromer suggests, the main load current path through the packs should be evenly spread to avoid/reduce higher loading on some cells.
The BMS input & output connections are just that = input & output of the whole battery.
Balancing wire positions & lengths don't matter much because the currents are typically smaller.

Thanks for your lights on this

daromer, sorry to botther your real powerwall peace :(

:) No worries ;)
I just coulent help type what some thinks but Always look at ny smileys

Back