MPP LV2424 MSD and my DC Appliances

heyday

So... I ordered MPP LV2424 MSD and the 24V LiFePO4 Powerwall from BigBatteryand I think I have a good understanding of how to hook everything up to my current system... except for 2 DC appliances I have in my cabin.

1. RV Shurflo Water pump
2. Instant propane water heater that needs some DC power

All are 12 volt

So these appliances only run a bit each day and don't run constant loads... I already have wires run to my DC Fuse block so the big question...

How to I get DC output from the MPP LV2424 to connect to my DC fuse block? I don't think there is an output on the[size=small]24V LiFePO4 Powerwall from BigBattery for DC unless I just hook one up somehow... I was just planning to hook up an[size=small]Anderson SB175 connector directly to the MPP[/size][/size]

or I guess the other question is...

Should I run these DC appliances using an AC to DC converter and bypass my fuse block... or run an AC to DC converter direct to the fuse box?

Just a bit confused on this part.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sounds like you want a 24vdc (battery)-> 12vdc converter to power the 12vdc circuits. This is an example-https://www.amazon.com/Nextrox-Conv...6NGTDV8FNZF&psc=1&refRID=KB35PN6A76NGTDV8FNZF

But you'll need to figure out how much 12vdc power you'll need and find one that provides enough amps @ 12v. You can multiply amps * voltsto get watts - for example 12volts * 40amps= 480watts. Or divide watts by volts to get amps - 1000watts / 12volts = 83.3amps. Then get one rated a little more than you need - e.g. for 83amps get a 100amp model if you can.

You should be able to find one up 100a @ 12v range without too much trouble. Here's an example -https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32321301644.html

Since you have to make the anderson SB 175 pigtail for your MPP LV2424 add a positive wire and a negative wire to the plug that lead to a 24v to12v buck converter---->12v fuse block.
later floyd

floydR said:
Since you have to make the anderson SB 175 pigtail for your MPP LV2424 add a positive wire and a negative wire to the plug that lead to a 24v to12v buck converter---->12v fuse block.
later floyd

Nice... I was thinking about that... I ordered a cable with the anderson connector already attached but I'm sure there is a way to still tap into it....

heyday said:
floydR said:
later floyd

Nice... I was thinking about that... I ordered a cable with the anderson connector already attached but I'm sure there is a way to still tap into it....

Maybe I should go from the anderson connector to a busbar and split off to the Buck converter and the MPP LV2424 instead of just trying to pigtail

I'm running a Victron Orion-tr DC-DC converter for 48v to 12v. It works great and they are designed to be paralleled. So you if you find that after you run the two things you planned on and needed more 12vdc you could just add another one. Very flexible and robust. Not super cheap though. But they are a legitimate company with a good warranty and good support. I'm past the "cheap" phase in my life and now I look for the best, most cost-effective solution that will save the most amount of time down the road.

Back