Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help identifying Battery
Hi I need some help Identifying the battery & specs of the battery in the image in the link below its a battery out of a knock off Dyson v6 battery

https://ibb.co/phF6sQ9
That is a 3.6V (probably 2 or 3C current) cell manufactured by Henan Prospower Technologies LTD.

The 20 may indicate a 2000mAh capacity.
What capacity is the overall battery marked with ?
My bet is 2000.

Anyway, the cells should be of good quality and equivalent of any other good cells.

Here are the unclassified specs of the 2600mAh version of the similar cells:

2600mAh official tested specs
(07-24-2020, 12:13 PM)Overmind Wrote: [...] Anyway, the cells should be of good quality and equivalent of any other good cells.

Why do you believe that?  Cells from non-top-tier manufacturers may be lower quality and pose higher safety risks.
Bubba likes this post
You can't put junk in power-tools, unless you make pirate power-tools also.
^^^ It seems there may be a misunderstanding: your penultimate post seems to imply Prospower cells "should be of good quality...". If that's what you meant, then I'm curious to know what leads you to believe that (that was what I asked above).
Your assumption that Prospower's cells are not of top quality is incorrect.

The cells they make were designed to be used in various vehicles as priority.
They ended up in some power tools due to their good quality.

There are reviews of their batteries, like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKBi9eLzPU

They are spread quite well and as far as I'm aware there are no significant incidents reported with their batteries or random lot/batch quality problems.

Nitecore and Olight use these cells for some of the re-labels they sell.
(07-28-2020, 08:29 AM)Overmind Wrote: Your assumption that Prospower's cells are not of top quality is incorrect.

There is no such assumption above - only general remarks.

(07-28-2020, 08:29 AM)Overmind Wrote: The cells they make were designed to be used in various vehicles as priority. They ended up in some power tools due to their good quality.

There are reviews of their batteries, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSKBi9eLzPU

They are spread quite well and as far as I'm aware there are no significant incidents reported with their batteries or random lot/batch quality problems.

Nitecore and Olight use these cells for some of the re-labels they sell.

That youtube video is of little use for assessing the quality of a Li-ion cell manufacturer (note also the first comment there "Not really a review, you're sponsored by them"). Ditto for said Chinese relabeling claims. What power tools did you find ProsPower cells in? It would help to give some links supporting your claims since searching doesn't yield much, e.g. a google search on '"prospower" (nitecore OR olight)' returned only 2 (useless) results.

In general - if you care at all about safety - I recommend avoiding lower-tier cells. For an end-user it is usually impossible to know how much more unsafe they may be compared to cells from top-tier manufacturers. Lower-tier companies may suffer various detriments: they may lack access to (proprietary) modern Li-ion tech such as safety improvements (e.g. chemistry tweaks, separator improvements, etc), and their production lines may cut corners and introduce metal contaminants that can lead to internal shorts, and they might even be using rejected or recycled cells, etc. There are some trustworthy middle-tier manufacturers, but generally it is difficult for an end-user to access reliable information certifying such. As such, one should be cautious harvesting cells from knock-off packs such as that in the OP.
(07-24-2020, 09:08 AM)Leebeaz Wrote: Hi I need some help Identifying the battery & specs of the battery in the image in the link below its a battery out of a knock off Dyson v6 battery

https://ibb.co/phF6sQ9
I Harvested the cells from my old Dyson V6 and they are different. Even the cells holder (or whatever name that plastic thing is called) was different. The cells holder in mine was white and the cells were light green with the reference: SE US18650VTC4 C4
^^^ Since yours is a genuine Dyson pack it is no surprise that it uses top tier (Sony) cells, unlike the OP's knock-off pack. It is quite rare that clones use top-tier cells.
Found some pics - but all links to the batteries from the pics are non-functional - maybe its obsolete?.  Here's the pics: