Hi from Brisbane

brennanlabs

Hi,
I'm so glad I found this forum, I love the technology and the the enthusiasm everyone has here :)

I'm in Brisbane Australia on acreage at Eatons Hill. I've tried many times to get solar on our property but because we have so many trees surrounding the house and only about 7months of usable sunshine on the roof, most companies are advising us not to.

Anyhow, I'm looking into wind generation at the moment, or even just a few solar panels to small battery installation.

much more research to do.
and lots more reading here in the forum.

cheers,

Wayne

brennanlabs said:
Hi,
I'm so glad I found this forum, I love the technology and the the enthusiasm everyone has here :)

I'm in Brisbane Australia on acreage at Eatons Hill. I've tried many times to get solar on our property but because we have so many trees surrounding the house and only about 7months of usable sunshine on the roof, most companies are advising us not to.

Anyhow, I'm looking into wind generation at the moment, or even just a few solar panels to small battery installation.

much more research to do.
and lots more reading here in the forum.

cheers,

Wayne
Hey, welcome!

There's this idea that 'its not a good idea' todeploy panelsunless you get'fullsunlight'... but really the panels don't care - they're happy/work OKat 50% power. And if you have room, you can deploy twice as many. The so very cool thing about panels is they just sit there, quietly, year after year, and do their thing. I love them :) So I wouldn't worry about <100% power - but things like space (for twice as many), $, return on investment, aesthetics and things like that.

Wind power has it's own issues - so many a combination.

For me, its just been a heck of lot of fun to DIY it and I hope you enjoy your journey as well.

Hi, Dave from Brissy here too, im carindale.

I've been looking at alot of the diy setups that people do, there are heaps of youtube vids with people making their own powerwalls etc, and the cost of panels coming down to <$20 for a 250w in some cases second hand, if you have the space it seems easy to add more if you have the space. Im impressed with how much cheaper some diy setups can be.

Welcome - SouthSide here Forest Lake

Back