Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyway i can revive them?
Hello, 
I recently bought 10 Ridgid 4AH R840087 wich have 10 INR18650 20R. I bought them on batteryhookup i could salvage about 80 batteries since 2 Ridgid battery were in really bad shape inside (corrosion, rust and what not)
I have 2 Liitokala engineer lii-500 to test them and more than half are bad they come back with a maximum voltage of 1.7 but does not hold it after i take them out of the charger and all of the bad ones indicate an internal resistance of 52 the good ones (a little less than 20 batteries) have an internal resistance of 125 or 30 ish

so is there a way i could make any of the bad ones good again or i just got ripped off ?
Have you contacted BHU about the batteries?
Later floyd
Korishan and joshoujoe like this post
powertool packs are the worst to get, but if you got 80 cells that are good thats not bad. My situation was even worst of 5 packs (50 cells) almost all were bad, the good ones were at 1000 mah or less.

If you buy packs "as is" you never know what your going to get. I don't buy used powertool packs anymore, those do get abused in actual use. There is a reason they sell them "as is" since they have experience knowing that not too many powertool cells will be good.

I would not attempt to reuse the bad cells, once they been discharged too low (below 2 volts) its not worth it to reuse in a powerwall, if revived maybe reuse in a flashlight. Once they are bad, theres no way to make them useful again.
joshoujoe likes this post
(08-01-2020, 11:30 PM)floydR Wrote: Have you contacted BHU  about the batteries?
Later floyd
I did send an email but haven't received an answer as of right now and I even asked for a refund on 20 other batteries (the same ones) i bought before i could test the ones i got. Probably never going to buy from them again if they don't answer my email Exclamation

(08-02-2020, 01:15 AM)jonyjoe505 Wrote: powertool packs are the worst to get, but if you got 80 cells that are good thats not bad. My situation was even worst of 5 packs (50 cells) almost all were bad, the good ones were at 1000 mah or less.

If you buy packs "as is" you never know what your going to get. I don't buy used powertool packs anymore, those do get abused in actual use. There is a reason they sell them "as is" since they have experience knowing that not too many powertool cells will be good.

I would not attempt to reuse the bad cells, once they been discharged too low (below 2 volts) its not worth it to reuse in a powerwall, if revived maybe reuse in a flashlight. Once they are bad, theres no way to make them useful again.
 yeah i mean i was supposed to get 100 batteries in total but in the end only 17 were good whilst they said and i quote "THESE ARE SOLD AS IS BUT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO REUSE AROUND 98-99% OF THE CELLS." imagine claiming 98% of the 20 000 batteries they "tested" are good and I a first time costumer get 17% of good batteries it makes it seem like they're not being serious, at all.
Yes, power tools are the "perfect storm" for murdering Li-ion batteries since they have all the required ingredients for degradation: high temperature, high current, and high SOC/DOD. You can't torture them much worse than that.

And, alas, there is no known way to rejuvenate unhealthy Li-ion batteries.

The 98-99% usable claim is pure snake-oil marketing hype as far as it concerns most used power tool packs. You can't even consistently get that in used packs from far more gentle devices.
Got it no more powertools batteries lol