Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUN2000GTIL2-LCD On Grid Tie Amoment of your time if I may.
SUN2000GTIL2-LCD On Grid System Owners Some Information If You Please?

Hi What i'm trying to find our is what is the recommended battery, voltage and current from your experience to get close to or Full output.
With the 2kw Version. Ca you get usefull output from 48Volts?

I have a 48volt 525Ah battery, and was hoping to be able to use this, unit, or something like it to cover some of our night time load.
We have a constant load of 1650- 2200 watt over night and it would be nice to cover this.

The thinking is to set the limiter function, so we never export to the grid. And that the panels on the roof could be reconfigured to supply perhaps.
A MakeSkyBlue controller, for daily recharging.

Thoughts ideas, and suggestion, and voltage and Current data, from your Inverters. Most very welcome.
https://secondlifestorage.com/search.php...order=desc GTIL search

this may help you find your answer you seek

Later floyd
(08-02-2020, 03:07 PM)Old Seagull Man Wrote: SUN2000GTIL2-LCD On Grid System Owners Some Information If You Please?

Hi What i'm trying to find our is what is the recommended battery, voltage and current from your experience to get close to or Full output.
With the 2kw Version. Ca you get usefull output from 48Volts?

I have a 48volt 525Ah battery, and was hoping to be able to use this, unit, or something like it to cover some of our night time load.
We have a constant load of 1650- 2200 watt over night and it would be nice to cover this.

The thinking is to set the limiter function, so we never export to the grid. And that the panels on the roof could be reconfigured to supply perhaps.
A MakeSkyBlue controller, for daily recharging.

Thoughts ideas, and suggestion, and voltage and Current data, from your Inverters. Most very welcome.

I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning that it does not output anywhere near the full 2kW with a 48V battery.  Not sure.

You could use the 1kW / 22V~65V version, 2 or 3 in parallel to cover your needs. I have 4 of those, each limited to 750W output for cooler running, and they've been working wonderfully for nearly 2 years now.  They don't share the load equally, but work remarkably well to keep grid draw down to a minimum.
Make sure to test the devices as soon as you get them - I had one fail after ~1hr of operation (full refund!).

Note that these types of devices may not be legal where you live.
Patalhetas likes this post
Modular PowerShelf using 3D printed packs.  60kWh and growing.
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6458
Both the 2kw and 1kw gtil2 can supply 240v. To get max output from the 22-65v (1kw) model, the best voltage range is 48v nominal. To get max output from the 45-90v (1kw and 2kw) model, the best voltage range is close to 90v making sure to not go above 90v. I use the 2kw model in the USA. I have them running on batteries, the battery voltage I use is 16s Li-ion which I charge to just over 65v.
You have a 48v battery so the 22-65v (1kw) inverter is the inverter for you. Although I feel like the 45-90v GTIL2 inverters are a better inverter. They use less amps because they use a higher voltage which prolongs inverter life. Less amps being used to create the same amount of watts = better efficiency. Unfortunately Most people have a 48v or lower battery bank so they have to choose the 22-65v version.
I have each inverter limited to use 25 amps max from the batteries. This enables each inverter to produce 1500w. I feel like this is safely under the max the inverter can supply to prolong inverter life.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1455824754596738/ This is a forum for GTIL2 users that have split phase main panels (mostly USA users). I am a moderator there. I helped start the group due to confusion about using the 2kw inverter in the USA

I’d recommend using an outback victron midnite or similar charge controller instead of the one you mentioned. They are safer and will harvest more power from your panels so the extra cost is made up over time.
(08-03-2020, 09:55 PM)Cheap 4-life Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1455824754596738/  This is a site for GTIL2 users that have split phase main panels (mostly USA users). I am a moderator there. I helped start the group due to confusion regarding using the 2kw inverter in the USA

I’d recommend using an outback victron midnite or similar charge controller instead of the one you mentioned. They are safer and will harvest more power from your panels so the extra cost is made up over time.

Good to know.

I have requested to join the Facebook page.
I have (2) 45-90V GTIL2 working very well.
I also recently acquired (4) 22-65V units. As I am running 48V Li-Ion battery bank, now that I saw your post, I am curious if the performance will be better with them compared to my 45-90V units. Not that I am at all disappointed with the 45-90V units.
Eventually I want to possibly stack the 22-65V units also.
Wolf
Cheap 4-life likes this post
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Thank you everyone for your comments, and help.

I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a supplier of these inverters? So one in Australia, would be perfect in these strange Covid times.
But a good Asian source is what i will most likely end up with. So if you have one you have use and like, share the joy. And i will join you all in this madness.
I have decided on the 2Kw version, as I now have a 60v battery. So that should suit the 2K unit a bit better.

Thanks Again for all the info.

OSM
Which 60v battery did u get? It’s been a while ago but I think I got my two inverters from eco-worthy. What kind of power supply do the homes in Australia have?

(08-04-2020, 01:23 AM)Wolf Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 09:55 PM)Cheap 4-life Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1455824754596738/  This is a site for GTIL2 users that have split phase main panels (mostly USA users). I am a moderator there. I helped start the group due to confusion regarding using the 2kw inverter in the USA

Good to know

I have requested to join the Facebook page.
I have (2) 45-90V GTIL2 working very well.
I also recently acquired (4) 22-65V units. As I am running 48V Li-Ion battery bank, now that I saw your post, I am curious if the performance will be better with them compared to my 45-90V units. Not that I am at all disappointed with the 45-90V units.
Eventually I want to possibly stack the 22-65V units also.
Wolf
I am also curious which one would perform better. I’m thinking they will perform similar since the battery voltage used will be the same for both. But the 22-65v will be able to produce more power due to the battery being at the top of its voltage range. A higher voltage battery than 48v nominal in combination with the 45-90v inverter would certainly perform better.