Batrium shunt question

Wattsup

Hi all,
It's been a long time since I've been on the forum here, hope you're all well.
I have just set up my 48v Life system with batrium, after being in storage for almost 2 years.
All seems to be going well except batrium is not displaying watts. Any suggestions on what could be please?

Wattsup said:
Hi all,
I have just set up my 48v Life system with batrium, after being in storage for almost 2 years.
All seems to be going well except batrium is not displaying watts. Any suggestions on what could be please?
Is it displaying anything at all? - Shunt V? and Shunt A?

A while back,I entered some 'bad'settings on theHardware -> Shunt page (as far as I remember). All seemed OK for a while, butafter 2 weeks - my Shunt suddenly started showing 0 for it's values (V, A, W). Batrium support helped me. The process was 1) is shunt physically connected / working - you can tell somehow by the LEDs on the shunt iself and then 2)the remedy in my casewas to undo the 'bad' setttings. I'm sorry I can't be more specific - except Batrium support helped me out and it was due to inappropriate settings that I entered.

If you confirm the shunt is hooked up / working -A drastic step might be to 'reset' to factory defaults and start over with your settings?

OffGridInTheCity said:
Wattsup said:
Hi all,
Is it displaying anything at all? - Shunt V? and Shunt A?

A while back,I entered some 'bad'settings on theHardware -> Shunt page (as far as I remember). All seemed OK for a while, butafter 2 weeks - my Shunt suddenly started showing 0 for it's values (V, A, W). Batrium support helped me. The process was 1) is shunt physically connected / working - you can tell somehow by the LEDs on the shunt iself and then 2)the remedy in my casewas to undo the 'bad' setttings. I'm sorry I can't be more specific - except Batrium support helped me out and it was due to inappropriate settings that I entered.

If you confirm the shunt is hooked up / working -A drastic step might be to 'reset' to factory defaults and start over with your settings?
It is showing amps in/ out, i don't think its showing pack votage. I'll have to double check tonight.
Thanks for your reply.
I'll wait and see if anyone else has any ideas

any lights on the shunt? Can you see the temp of the shunt?

hbpowerwall said:

Hi
Yes red/green fast blinking light on shunt. Temp is showing.
Shunt volts is showing 1 watt, clearly not correct lol.
See pics below

Wattsup said:
hbpowerwall said:

Hi
See pics below

Yes - fast green + blinking red = properly operating shunt from the watchmon perspective. Here's a pic of my shunt (which is working)

image_hdkdmf.jpg

and my shunt settings - in case it jogs anything for you in your settings:
image_xiidam.jpg

I notice that you're watts are basically 0 (0.288) because your voltage = 0.36 and amps = 0.84.

Are you sure the battery is electrically connected - e.g. you don't have a tripped circuit breaker? Can you measure voltage at the wires that connect to the shunt and see 48v? on both sides of shunt?

Do you have the older Shunt? That's a WM1

hbpowerwall said:
Do you have the older Shunt? That's a WM1

Yes the older shunt.

OffGridInTheCity said:
Wattsup said:
hbpowerwall said:

Hi
See pics below

Yes - fast green + blinking red = properly operating shunt from the watchmon perspective. Here's a pic of my shunt (which is working)

image_hdkdmf.jpg

and my shunt settings - in case it jogs anything for you in your settings:
image_xiidam.jpg

I notice that you're watts are basically 0 (0.288) because your voltage = 0.36 and amps = 0.84.

Are you sure the battery is electrically connected - e.g. you don't have a tripped circuit breaker? Can you measure voltage at the wires that connect to the shunt and see 48v? on both sides of shunt?

Hi
I checked voltage at both sides of shunt, correct voltage.
Pack is charging ok.
The only difference from your batrium screen is total voltage.
I was trying to avoid it may do a factory reset.

Hey all,
Firstly just want to say thanks, you're still legends on here?

I found the culprit after much brain storming and was not what I expected!
I checked the voltage on the outer post of the blue sea bus bar on Pos terminal and found 0v.
Initially I assumed it would be the 50a fuse blown but found the actual outer threaded post is electrically isolated..don't know how that would even happen?
So the shunt had no positive input.

I was planning to install bus bars on the power board rather than on terminals so will do that now.
Good news is I have pack voltage and watts now.

Time to wire in the shunt trip now.

Thanks again

Great to see you worked it out buddy..

Back