Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need more miles for battery
Hiya Folks,
I am an utter noob at this so please bare with me.
I have an efoldi mobility scooter the range is up to 14 miles but the way I drive mine I get about 10 miles. Each battery now cost £600, which is a lot for such a battery.
What I would like to know is..can I improve this battery to get more miles?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Baboshka
Do you know what the voltage of the battery is?
Is it a lithium battery?
What is the Ah of the battery?

Later floyd
Sorry I forgot to put this information in.
FarReach 24V 12AH Li-Ion
Motor:24V,250W
Thanks floyd
Depending on how much room you have in the battery compartment you might be able to put a larger battery in the battery compartment. Hard to tell how big the battery compartment is.
later floyd
(08-04-2020, 07:00 PM)floydR Wrote: Depending on how much room you have in the battery compartment you might be able to put a larger battery in the battery compartment.  Hard to tell how big the battery compartment is.
later floyd
 I will take a photo of it in better light with a tape measure tomorrow.

I want to do Route 66 with Tank Girl, hence needing more miles per charge. I know its a big idea, its a challenge. Smile
Cheers Floyd
Baboshka

This is Tank Girl
Are you in the UK? A diy battery can't travel on planes. I am assuming Route 66 is the one in Arizona probably best to buy the a backup battery from efoldi or Maybe buy a 24v battery (not from efoldi) and use it to charge the efoldi battery
Might be able to rig up a cable that plugs into the power connector from the battery to the motor. then you could have both batteries charged at night and just switch them when one gets low.

Later floyd
(08-04-2020, 11:05 PM)floydR Wrote: Are you in the UK?  A diy battery can't travel on planes. I am assuming Route 66 is the one in Arizona probably best to buy the a backup battery from efoldi or Maybe buy a 24v battery (not from efoldi) and use it to charge the efoldi battery
Might be able to rig up a cable that plugs into the power connector from the battery to the motor. then you could have both batteries charged at night and just switch them when one gets low.

Later floyd
Hiya Floyd,
Sorry for the delay in my reply I had to pick up my frame today for Tank Girl (scooter)
I have enclosed some photos of Tank girl, so you can have a better idea what can be done.
Efoldi battery is £600.00, I have 2 of them, when I bought them they where £500 each. This is a lot of money for the mileage I get which is about 10 miles per charge. A mate has an Electric fold up bike , he get up to 35 miles per charge and speed 15 miles, TG does 8, legal speed limit for mobility scooters here.
If I could rig other batteries to run off the efoldi that is a good option. Or... Build a bigger battery and put it under the seat?
What do you think?

Yes I live in the UK on the Isle Of Wight Smile
Tank Girl has no room for mirrors which can be a hazard. For the past 8 I have been trying to think of a design that would allow me to put mirrors and action camera on a frame, without messing the scooter frame or anything to interfere with how it runs. I tried a few things and finally came up with a design,  I got the bits and took it to a welder who knocked it together for me. It is not finished yet as I need something else added to it.  The framed is not fixed, so I can take it off when I need too.
I have enclosed a pic of this too.

Also you might have noticed TG only has ONE break, which is on the front wheel. One day while I was out on it , the brake cable snapped. This is not good, more so when you see the type of roads I go down. see link below Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZXARYSt...Fv&index=6
So now what I also need to do is sort out another braking system in case this one fails me.. I am working on that at the mo. As someone once said to me , there is no such thing as the perfect mobility scooter. By the time I am finished with tank Girl, she will be.
Thanks again Floyd for your time
Cheers Baboshka

When do you plan on riding route 66 And which parts of route 66 would you be riding on? hopefully with a group of riders I will do some figuring and see what I can come up with.
later floyd
(08-06-2020, 01:34 AM)floydR Wrote: When do you plan on riding route 66 And which parts of route 66 would you be riding on?  hopefully with a group of riders  I will do some figuring and see what I can come up with.
later floyd

I plan to do a video dairy of my journey and put it on the net. If I can do it alone I would. There is so much to think about and plan and I am just at the beginning. Maybe a book also, something for the grand kids Smile
People ask why do this...and I say what else have I got to do?
My friends were not surprised by me wanting to do this and said Go for it.

Compartment  Depth 9 and  1/2 CM
Length 18 1/2 CM
Width 7 CM

This is so cool of you FloydR,  Cheer mate.

Ooops sorry I just realised there is an R after your name. Did I tell you I am dyslaxic ? Smile

(08-06-2020, 04:47 PM)jamessw Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 07:42 PM)Baboshka Wrote:
(08-04-2020, 07:00 PM)floydR Wrote: Depending on how much room you have in the battery compartment you might be able to put a larger battery in the battery compartment.  Hard to tell how big the battery compartment is.
later floyd
 I will take a photo of it in better light with a tape measure tomorrow.

I want to do Route 66 with Tank Girl, hence needing more miles per charge. I know its a big idea, its a challenge. Smile
Cheers Floyd
Baboshka

This is Tank Girl

Do you have any other photos to post here? It would be great to see them in this thread.

Hiya Jamessw,
I will add some more tomorrow.
I have done a few videos on tank girl on YouTube. One where I gate crashed the Scooter rally on the Isle of Wight, that was fun. Oh and one where I crashed on her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f3FtyPa...Fv&index=1
cheers Baboshkia
Just watch out for the 5-0. They don't take too kindly to having a motorized scooter on public roads. For a while they weren't pulling anyone over during the coronavirus but that novelty wore off and around here they're out like swarms like before. Just don't make any sudden movements and avoid staring at them. If you do, don't turn around and run either. These predators are vicious.
Baboshka likes this post