Parallel CCCV charger

2weiund2wanzig

Hey,
for my project i want to use my battery only to store the energy from my solar panelsi do not use that moment. Especially at noon. So i measure my solar input and my total input from the grid. To have something like a controlled charging that switches to higher charge powers on need i want to use parallel cccv chargers that can be switched by esp8266 powered relaysas needed (like 100w +100w + 100w+100w) to charge the same battery pack.
I want to switch it on the input side because i heared it can be dangerous to connect input before the battery pack.

Is there anything i need to know or any concerns about this method?

Maybe try & do the switching with MOSFETs, much better with DC than relays :)
You might be able to find CCCV devices with an logic level "enable" pin?

Can you make a drawing on your intention to hook it Up?

Not enough info given so I can only suggest other possible easier solutions like using a cc/cv chargers that are programmable through a serial connection like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Programmab...-CC-Step-Down-Module-DPM-8624-SZ/183581609257

Or if you use a mppsolar PIP inverter I believe it's possible to change the charging amps via the serial connection.

I'd rather do that trying to set relays to turn on and off a whole bunch of small chargers.

not2bme said:
Not enough info given so I can only suggest other possible easier solutions like using a cc/cv chargers that are programmable through a serial connection like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/Programmab...-CC-Step-Down-Module-DPM-8624-SZ/183581609257

Or if you use a mppsolar PIP inverter I believe it's possible to change the charging amps via the serial connection.

I'd rather do that trying to set relays to turn on and off a whole bunch of small chargers.

I never saw that unit before... thanks for the link. Do you know if they make a DC boost version of that?

Seems like it would be ideal for battery charging... I need something like this for24v lion charging from a cars 12v system.

From the looks of it it's a step-down only. Eevblog did a review of it recently.

But for the step-up charger, the only one I know of may be just to use a MPT-7210a instead? Never used the unit myself so not sure if you can limit the current?

The MPT7210 have a current setting built in.

not2bme said:
From the looks of it it's a step-down only. Eevblog did a review of it recently.

But for the step-up charger, the only one I know of may be just to use a MPT-7210a instead? Never used the unit myself so not sure if you can limit the current?

Yes, I do have a MPT-7210a and it works just fine for that application... current limiting DC boost. I was just curious if there were others.

Thanks for the youtube video link too.

Back