super board at work

Need to see how many kWh you use in the 8 hour period you are thinking of powering the house. Find the peak current.
you would need an inverter capable of handling the surge(peak current).

18650's are getting hard to find unless you have a steady supply source of 18650's I wouldn't limit your powerwall goals to 18650's. I don't know how hard it is to get batteries in Hawaii but I understand it is more difficult than in the mainland.

Later floyd

Need to see how many kWh you use in the 8 hour period you are thinking of powering the house. Find the peak current.
you would need an inverter capable of handling the surge(peak current).

18650's are getting hard to find unless you have a steady supply source of 18650's I wouldn't limit your powerwall goals to 18650's. I don't know how hard it is to get batteries in Hawaii but I understand it is more difficult than in the mainland.

Later floyd

its hard to find but i have sourced a pretty good stream of laptop battery's from recycling centers and ebike shops.
I know the highest contentious loads is are stove, dryer, and AC. all put together there around 15kw.
i have also been looking in to leaf packs because there is a car wreaking lot nearby and they have totaled leafs going for 1000 to 3000 for the whole car and i can get 2000 or so for the scrap metal after all the hazardous material has been remover aka(the battery).
so in theory i could make some money by buying the cars or spend about half for what i could source already dismantled pecks online

powerwallhawaii said:
its hard to find but i have sourced a pretty good stream of laptop battery's from recycling centers and ebike shops.
I know the highest contentious loads is are stove, dryer, and AC. all put together there around 15kw.
i have also been looking in to leaf packs because there is a car wreaking lot nearby and they have totaled leafs going for 1000 to 3000 for the whole car and i can get 2000 or so for the scrap metal after all the hazardous material has been remover aka(the battery).
so in theory i could make some money by buying the cars or spend about half for what i could source already dismantled pecks online

Just watch out for the need for the "State" license for scraping cars , the average consumer is not aloud to do this.
I was in Hawaii a few years back and wondered why there was alot of scrap cars lying around in the countryside and the locals said that
you needed a license to take them in , so they they left them where they died.

JimJr.

Jim Jr. Please always put your replies "outside" of the quote tags. Makes it hard to see where your reply is at if you put it inside the quote tags.

Korishan said:
Jim Jr. Please always put your replies "outside" of the quote tags. Makes it hard to see where your reply is at if you put it inside the quote tags.

Ooops, I maybe proficient at alot of things ,but grammar is poor at best

JimJr.

Back