Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other inverter options?
Daromer, save yourself. Just give up. I don't know think you can convince him that his "special" inverter is nothing special.

P.S.
65 volts is not within the safe range of a nominal 48 volt battery.
First off I never implied-said that the GTIL2 is special till after daromer said that it isn’t special. All I was implying is that it has a voltage range that allows a 48v nominal battery (and other common battery voltages) to power it. And the reasons why that is a good thing. There isn’t any other GTI that has the option to use a not even a common 48v nominal battery.. forget a less common 65v
Offgrid is not that definition.
Its that you can supply load from a DC source without GRID. I refer back to my earlier posts that you have mixed up the main function of a system. Grid-tie = It hooks directly to a grid network and supply power from an incoming source. It can be battery, solar, wind or whatever. I dont think your explanation is the issue its how you see how things hangs togeter Wink

I dont know how the grid part is in all around the globe but in Europe its the other way around. It just becomes easier for each day to grid-tie. The price for electricity changes a bit upwards though.
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
One of the things that make an offgrid inverter different than most grid tie inverters is that grid tie inverters do not operate at a voltage range that allows a battery voltage to be used that most people have. Most grid tie inverters operate at a higher voltage range than the battery voltages most users have. most grid tie USERS cannot save there excess pv power not used during the day. The only option they have is to sell it to the grid. That option is becoming less attractive because of fees rising etc. And because of the cost involved to get a solar meter put on their homes could mean there is never a ROI. Batteries are getting cheaper so people are starting to save their own power and use it for themselves.
48v nominal battery is more efficient than lower voltage batteries. I have not found any other GTI (besides the GTIL2) that can use that voltage battery. 99% of GTI use a much higher voltage range.
Yes an offgrid inverter is different than a GTI because the offgrid inverter can only be used when the grids down. That however isn’t as attractive to most people due to most people not losing the grids power often. A small offgrid inverter can be owned by most people to fun their essential loads during the rare power outages.
Daromer, just close the thread. He is just going to confuse someone in the future using the search function with all his creative definitions.

An off grid inverter doesn't and can synchronize with an external AC source (grid). So, unless you plan to disconnect from the grid, stop saying you want an off grid inverter.

Battery voltage (or AC voltage) range has nothing to do with the distinction between grid tie and off grid.
>Yes an offgrid inverter is different than a GTI because the offgrid inverter can only be used when the grids down.
I know what you are trying to say - but I want to correct/nuance this statement.

As you know, I produce a lot of 'off-grid' power.  All this means is that when you energize a circuit from an off-grid inverter, you need to disconnect that circuit from the grid.   ATSs (automatic transfer switch) can make this easy and automatic.  Off-grid does not mean the exclusion of Grid - but rather they are independent of each other and can be arranged to work in complimentary way - preserving off-grid as an emergency backup Smile.    The key downside - is you can't push excess back to the grid, but if you don't have excess, then this is not a problem.
400bird, I never said I want an offgrid inverter, I already have one for emergency, like I explained above.

I am at a loss for words. I completely understand the differences between and offgrid inverter and a GTI... it’s easy to understand.. and ONE of the main differences is that the voltage range of GTIs are usually so high that a typical battery (that could be used to power an offgrid inverter) cannot be used to power the GTI. All I’m saying is that the GTIL2 can use a typical 48v battery voltage and the benifits of a GTIL2 because it can operate at that voltage, unlike any other GTI (that we found) can do, because most GTI operate at a higher voltage.

An offgrid inverter with a battery can only be used for particular loads if the grid isn’t capable of powering those loads at the same time.
Yeah offgriinthecity I mentioned earlier in this thread that when using offgrid inverters that ATS etc can be used (as you do kindly explained in detail) to be able to use the battery power and still have grid connection

Yes I did say the “offgrid inverter can only be used when grid is down” . I misspoke slightly. I meant to say that when you energize a circuit by an offgrid inverter, that circuit must be disconnected from the grid. Thanks for the clarification offgridinthecity
Offgrid vs grid tie is NOT about input voltage.

Closing thread now. Gtil2 is not special.
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Double post Close.