Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Megacellcharger has shipped yippee
Little update on the Megacell charger. Assigning static IP's to the units defiantly has improved the usability of the software.
Another thing is that once set up you really don't need to play with all the options which will get you into trouble and program crashes.
Set your workflow to what you want and that's it. Sqlite works and you can browse the database within the install directory.
I did not hear back from Alex as far as my resistor issue was concerned so I soldered (2) 1.2kΩ standard resistors to the 2 problem slots I had and it works just fine.
Wolf
Update:
Alex did get back to me and yes the resistors can be replaced with THD resistors.
Quote:
"Hi,
Yes, you can replace with THD resistors if the value is the same.
Thanks for your support and understanding with this problem!

Alex"

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Good to know. This will help once I get mine.
Later floyd
My poor OPUSs are rattling along.   I'm so jealous... Enjoy! Smile   
Another quick update on the Megacell charger.
While waiting for some very small Acorn nuts that I will install on the positive contacts, I wanted gold plated but had to settle for nickel, I went on the hunt for some spacers to keep the cells from wobbling on the temp sensor as a fulcrum. Just so happens that the small round insert from a cell insulator sheet works perfect I packed 4 of them on top of each other and it comes to 0.8mm. Installed on the pos and neg side and no more cell wobble. Now that's recycling something we always throw out. One added benefit is that the cells seem to be sitting in the holder a bit firmer and I don't seem to be having cell recognition issues anymore. Nevertheless I am still going to put the acorn nuts on the pos terminal.

Also put rubber feet on it so it doesn't slide all over the place.

Still trying to figure the software out but starting to make some sense of it.
Lots of buggy things going on like if you have the physical view of the Charger in the center of the screen and you hoover over the cell the graph and info comes up but too high the top of the graph is cut off. If you move the physical view away from the center of the screen in either direction it will populate in full view.

Another thing is the graph is not of the full cycle you get the last hour or so. Not quite sure what that's all about.

Also if you double click on the cell you get a graph with nothing on it.
\

The serial number autogenerating system is a bit funky  not sure how to reset it other than deleting the cell data. I'm going with my tried and true method anyway either sharpie numbers or now stickers and maybe I can figure out how to export the sqlite data to excel.

Running 32 LGGBM261865 cells previously tested and shown to be good. Lets see what the Megacell charger says for capacity. BTW testing at 1A.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
(09-26-2020, 03:58 AM)Wolf Wrote: Might as well not send any wires at all and say you are on your own. I would have been less insulted.

Wolf

Luckey You Smile  I got no wires at all.

ChrisD

Could You tell me what values are in the unit NOB?

My Android App is not working, and my laptop with win 8.1 will not load the cell doctor program.

However, the tiny display tells me that the unit indeed starts charging the cells, but using 138 mA it will take forever and I do not know at which cell voltage the unit stops charging. Next surprise is how much is the discharge current??

I have suggested to Alex that he alters the firmware to use standard 18650 test values 1A chg/dischg 4,21 volts and 2.8 volts and one cycle. This way the units can be used NOB.  Wink

Best of luck with Your chargers.
ChrisD
(10-03-2020, 02:36 PM)ChrisD5710 Wrote: I have suggested to Alex that he alters the firmware to use standard 18650 test values 1A chg/dischg 4,21 volts and 2.8 volts and one cycle. This way the units can be used NOB.  Wink

ChrisD
Have you changed the resistors as detailed in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xANKwpi...e&utm_term=
 This is not a firmware issue. It is a hardware issue.

Later floyd
(10-03-2020, 04:07 PM)floydR Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 02:36 PM)ChrisD5710 Wrote: I have suggested to Alex that he alters the firmware to use standard 18650 test values 1A chg/dischg 4,21 volts and 2.8 volts and one cycle. This way the units can be used NOB.  Wink

ChrisD
Have you changed the resistors as detailed in this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xANKwpi...e&utm_term=
 This is not a firmware issue. It is a hardware issue.

Later floyd

I regrettably do not own a microscope powerful enough to do the swap, so now I will just have to find the 50€ to ship this trash back to Romania.

Second, the built-in firmware insists on doing 3 complete cycles.

Pity the Foxnovo 4S Digital Charger is no longer to buy.

ChrisD
@Wolf how did you get yours, i'm #28 on the list. MegaBummed...

Excited to see people are getting them and interested to see how the capacity values shake out as compared to the standards we use now. Thanks for the write up and will give my input if I EVER get mine...lol
(10-05-2020, 12:48 PM)vegburner Wrote: @Wolf  how did you get yours, i'm #28 on the list.  MegaBummed...

Excited to see people are getting them and interested to see how the capacity values shake out as compared to the standards we use now.  Thanks for the write up and will give my input if I EVER get mine...lol
Maybe shipping is by last name, alphabetical. Huh
Mine begins with A  if you are V or Z guess you got to wait. Tongue

Funny You should ask about a comparison evaluation
I ran 64 LG M26 cells through the Megacell with comparison from my other chargers.
I set the Megacell to charge to 4.2V, 5min rest and discharge at 1A to 3V.
Here are the results. As far as I am concerned the results are very impressive and encouraging. Now to be fair to the OPUS and others  they all discharge to ≈2.8V, except the SKYRC which was set to 3V.
Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
NEVER AGAIN will I be enticed by speed, convenience. My tune may change later. I just recieved my MegaCell Charger unboxed it, heard something rolling around inside it. I suspect it is one of the terminal screws as I found the other screw in the box and neither terminals have screws in them. Sad I would attempt or have someone else attempt to move the resistors if I could get written instructions on what resister needs to be moved where. 34 days in transit.

Later floyd