Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY Megacellcharger has shipped yippee
Music 
(10-14-2020, 03:41 AM)floydR Wrote: NEVER AGAIN will I be enticed  by speed, convenience. My tune may change later. I just recieved my MegaCell Charger unboxed it, heard something rolling around inside it. I suspect it is one of the terminal screws as I found the other screw in the box and neither terminals have screws in them. Sad I would attempt or have someone else attempt to move the resistors if I could get written instructions on what resister needs to be moved where. 34 days in transit.

Later floyd
Hi floydR

Well we are on the cutting edge and sometime we bleed. I for one don't really have the eyesight but I managed to replace the resistors with several magnifying instruments. Had a couple issues and replaced them with regular lead style resistors and all works fine.

Here is a good youtube video of the designer (I believe) repairing the resistor issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRBEo8E0BG0&t=268s
I'm not sure how Alex fits into all of this yet. 
DPW 4U seems to be on the ball with the software and looks to be the developer. He makes sense of how to use the software
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChKnznM...UVUxAaFA6Q
Best of luck 
Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Hi,
Number #462
[Image: 201014101735408113.jpg]

But, the scan don't operate, no IP, latest release !
The scan window disappears behind the main screen. I must shutdown Megacell monitor.
Is a wifi connection compulsory ?
Eric
HELIOFRANCE - Manufacturer of Thermal Solar Systems: https://youtu.be/LYjIAeNQI4c
Sounds like everyone is having fun!

Wish I had a couple of nice testers like these. Money is tight... nice boss laid me off when my wife was Covid Positive on March 20th.

Would love to spend time tinkering with these testers.
(10-14-2020, 08:17 PM)Eric44 Wrote: Hi,
Number #462

But, the scan don't operate, no IP, latest release !
The scan window disappears behind the main screen. I must shutdown Megacell monitor.
Is a wifi connection compulsory ?
Eric
Ah yes I had that happen too.
Once you connect to the MCC with your phone and with the password of 1234567890  you need to swipe the connection property to the side and you will find the window where you can put in your wifi SSID and password remember 2.4 only  after that it should connect and work.
Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
With my phone and IOS 13.0 but I have only IOS 12.4.8 on my Iphone 5S. He works well and I don't change (not obsolete).
Another idea ?
HELIOFRANCE - Manufacturer of Thermal Solar Systems: https://youtu.be/LYjIAeNQI4c
(10-15-2020, 05:28 PM)Eric44 Wrote: With my phone and IOS 13.0 but I have only IOS 12.4.8 on my Iphone 5S. He works well and I don't change (not obsolete).
Another idea ?

I don't know you have a friend with an android phone? I used my samsung without a problem.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Wolf, do you understand, how to change the IP adress on the charger.
I have 192.168.4.2 and I want 192.168.1.252
(10-15-2020, 06:38 PM)Eric44 Wrote: Wolf, do you understand, how to change the IP adress on the charger.
I have 192.168.4.2 and I want 192.168.1.252
Yes what you have to do is connect to the MCC hotspot initially with your phone. 
When it boots, you will see the message that it is looking for WPS, and if it is not connecting to your router, it’s going to become an access point.
In that mode, you have 1 minute to set it from your phone.  So when the charger enters into the access mode, go to your phone and search for a wifi connection in the wi-fi settings. There you will find APCellDoctor_E992C50 (or something similar) . Tap on it, to connect and enter the password, by default, is 1234567890.

After it is connected, you should see the management page  (wait for 5 seconds). The IP address of the device was (in my case) 192.168.4.2, but to manage it and set up your wi-fi password, you go where it says manage router 192.168.4.1 (this is on my phone). It will open the manager of its internal router and on here tap on configure wi-fi. On the configure wi-fi option, tap on the SSID of your router and enter your password for your router save the information, and the charger will reset. After the charger resets you will see it connecting to your wifi network and gives you an IP address by DHCP from your router. If you want to set it to a specific IP address which is what I did  you have to reserve the address on your router's DHCP server so when it sees the MAC address of the MCC it hands it a specific address.
The MMC does not allow you to manually set its IP address. Once you have the MCC on your local subnet and have assigned it a "static IP" address let me know and I can walk you through the software setup.
Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool