Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WatchMon Network Issue
Yes it is. Because they dont know what to do. After settings Up the chain you need to synct the new configuration.
NOTE! My links supplied in this message may be affiliated with Ebay and by clicking on them you agree on the terms.
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
Well, we have evolution. I did another factory reset and went through setup process again and it's all working. Between my extension wire being shorted between conductors early on, a pushed pin on one connector, and operator error Big Grin , problem solved. Can't wait to see how much capacity I have now. Thanks for the help.
(09-18-2020, 08:24 AM)Redpacket Wrote: Also beware that the black coating on the longmons is not electrically isolating & you could easily get a short to the cabinet metalwork (especially if grounded).
If your leads allow, you can move the comms cable to "jump over" one longmon.

I wired my longmon chain (total 64 longmons in 4x LiFePo4 battery banks) via a Cat6 data patch strip.
Each battery has a Cat6 cable running to it for the 16 longmons there.
I can swap the Cat6 cables positions to test any one battery to see if those 16 are working.
I have had a few fail & was able to quickly isolate to which battery & use the "jumper over" trick to locate within the 16.

@redpacket Your patch panel is interesting. Can you explain how or why it works..? It appears that all four banks terminate to the panel which would mean they are in parallel vs. being in series (how batrium illustrates hooking up multiple packs). Thanks!
(09-19-2020, 12:48 AM)Solardad Wrote: @redpacket Your patch panel is interesting. Can you explain how or why it works..? It appears that all four banks terminate to the panel which would mean they are in parallel vs. being in series (how batrium illustrates hooking up multiple packs). Thanks!

The panel is made of individual Cat6 sockets as standard. They are not wired in parallel.
I've wired it at the back with solid core Cat6 cable pairs punched into place so that socket #9 (the watchmon) is looped into B1, back out & then into B2, then back out & into B3, then back out & into B4 & than back out to #9.
#11 is wired directly to #12 only for 1:1 testiing.
Solardad likes this post
Running off solar, DIY & electronics fan :-)