Testing large 1.1 kWh EV modules at speed using an iCharger 4010

Crimp Daddy

Since making this video, I have made a parallel cable to utilize both channels at the same time, upgraded the connectors to XT90, and this isallowing for a max of 70 amps of charge/discharge capability.

I will post another video, but at 60 amps, I was able to complete a discharge from full in about 1 hour.

I would be happy to answer any questions and or make another video about a topic specific to this charger if anyone has any requests.

Updated 9/28 - Part 2 Video - Built a new cable to replace the Andersons and discussed charger setup.

iCharger 4010 Synchronous Mode Setup & DIY High Current Cable Build

Which vehicle did the batteries come out of and what is the 1kwh packs voltage?

Cheap4-life said:
Which vehicle did the batteries come out of and what is the 1kwh packs voltage?

Fiat 500e... the car had both 5s and 6s modules. The two on my "Powerwall" are 6s modules, but the bulk of what I have is all 5s.

I think the spec sheet capacity is 60 amp hours per module, but mine test at about 60 to 62 amp hours. Which equates to about 1.1 kWh in a 5s confirmation assuming a 3.7v nominal per cell.

floydR said:
Fiat 500 EV in 5s config so 18v per module?

later floyd

Correct...

18v nominal assuming 3.6v nominal per cell. I generally see these advertised at 3.7v nominal so I use 18.5v nominal for most all my calculations. Either way, its in the ball park.

I know these are Samsung SDI cells, but this is what I have found googling, most info being about the larger brother. Even if its not exact, its close enough to provide an idea.

image_lyxaeb.jpg

image_fvqfoe.jpg

image_lkzhix.jpg

Original post updated today with new video - iCharger 4010 Synchronous Mode Setup & DIY High Current Cable Build

Back