Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So It Begins
Starting to stack cells, only taking cells apart as I can restock them, trying to keep them under pressure. Looks like I will be short 6 of the spacers that go between cells per battery pack. Making some out of 1 1/4 by 1/8 thick aluminum flat bar.
Solardad likes this post
BMS came in  today . Never gets old getting something cool in mail.
Solardad likes this post
Copper bars came in, getting them cut.
W orking on drilling holes in my flat bars, went with 1 inch by 1/8 for loads and 1/2 by 1/8 for balance. Will be using 4 ot for my power leads. Keeping all my bolts and screws organized with this holder.
@heilopilot some inspiration for you:

https://youtu.be/rTwsPbYQIzU
Heilopilot likes this post
(10-05-2020, 11:18 PM)Solardad Wrote: @heilopilot some inspiration for you:

https://youtu.be/rTwsPbYQIzU
Willam of New Zealand that is who I am building after, changing a few things, watched all his videos.
Solardad likes this post
 Finished up the stacking, put 2 more sets of rollers under the batteries to carry the load. Put the copper bars on the # 1 stack, had them within 1 tenth of volt each no heat in bars whatever as it averaged out.
ajw22 and niterun2 like this post
(10-07-2020, 08:44 PM)Heilopilot Wrote:  Finished up the stacking, put 2 more sets of rollers under the batteries to carry the load. Put the copper bars on the # 1 stack, had them within 1 tenth of volt each no heat in bars whatever as it averaged out.

Very nice setup.  Feeling jealous and wish I was getting cells like yours instead of 18650.  But alas my 18650's were free.
niterun2 likes this post
(10-07-2020, 08:44 PM)Heilopilot Wrote:  Finished up the stacking, put 2 more sets of rollers under the batteries to carry the load. Put the copper bars on the # 1 stack, had them within 1 tenth of volt each no heat in bars whatever as it averaged out.
Looks Awesome. Great job.
(10-07-2020, 10:27 PM)niterun2 Wrote:
Looks Awesome. Great job.
Free is nice on the 18650"s , brother has been getting some from apple stores, old laptops broken and some laptop batteries. Almost  dried up everything new has pouch cells, has been getting some old modems that have 3 each in.