Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for an AC coupled battery inverter with output power control
(10-08-2020, 06:38 PM)not2bme Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 06:16 PM)MrAlfabet Wrote: If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying buy a hybrid inverter, and simply don't connect the solar panels. Or are you telling me to replace my existing inverter with a hybrid one?

Yes, keep your existing grid-tie inverter and solar panels as it is. It will export to the grid as normal. Then on the hybrid, don't use the solar mppt controller side of it. Just use the ac charger side to zap all that energy that otherwise would have been exported into the battery instead. And then export out of the hybrid when you detect that you're consuming from the grid, like at night for example.
Where should I buy mppsolar hybrid inverters in Europe? Their Aliexpress website seems to not have any items, and I'm reading about fakes everywhere.
(10-08-2020, 11:57 PM)MrAlfabet Wrote: Where should I buy mppsolar hybrid inverters in Europe? Their Aliexpress website seems to not have any items, and I'm reading about fakes everywhere.

Not sure, I ordered my regular PIP (not the hybrid version) directly from mppsolar. Their delivery was fast (under a week to the US!) and price was decent. Maybe some of the EU folks might be able to chime in here.
Email directly to peggy@mppsolar.com (even the prize will be better)

Many sell fake MPP solar inverters online (made in China, not original made in Taiwan)