Different voltage on same BMS negatives

Abe

image_nnbtrf.jpg
Hello Everyone, ive got a question that needs to be answered by someone of you smart people!

I have just changed the cellsto a golf caddybattery and when i measure the tension i get 2 different readings on the negative conectors. The BMS is PCM-lo4s25-942 . im not an expert but it seems that the bms is withdrawing 0,4v from the total voltage which is close to 16,8 (4S). When connectingthe iCharger X6 , voltages are different from the balance port to the main output so it doesnt work, connection error.....

Any ideas what can be happening? broken BMS? can i make it show same voltages on both connectors to make it work?

Thanks in advance and have a great day all of you! greetings from SPAIN!

Abe
image_pblfgs.jpg

On my x8 I found that loose connections are often the problem when I get error messages. a loose balance port connector or forgetting to hook up the leads to the positive and negative of the battery.
later floyd

You should not balance Charge a lithium through a bms. The bms Will cause this due to having electronica in between

Through the bms you utilize the bms to handle the balance part.

floydR said:
On my x8 I found that loose connections are often the problem when I get error messages. a loose balance port connector or forgetting to hook up the leads to the positive and negative of the battery.
later floyd
Thanks! i did check but same problem , i ended changing to another BMS.

Good Day!

daromer said:
You should not balance Charge a lithium through a bms. The bms Will cause this due to having electronica in between

Through the bms you utilize the bms to handle the balance part.
Thanks Daromer, at that point i wasnt doing a balance charge but its great to know. IF we are balancing with I CHarger throught a BMS its like doubling the balancing action right?

Good day!

You create confusion for the Charger. Dont have the balance Wires hooked up on oposite Side of the bms compare to the Charge port. Both should bypass the bms for it to work properly. The Charger cant handle the voltage drops induced by the electronica in between

daromer said:
You create confusion for the Charger. Dont have the balance Wires hooked up on oposite Side of the bms compare to the Charge port. Both should bypass the bms for it to work properly. The Charger cant handle the voltage drops induced by the electronica in between
understood.

Thanks!

Back