Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AJW22's 7.5~75kWh PowerShelf
#11
What kind of 3D printer do you have?
Did you use PLA or ABS?
Reply
#12
In this time I am to building in 80 cells by pack with plastic pieces 4x5 for 14s80p
If I could see before your very good conception I have to choose your principal concept
Congratulations very good choices
Just a question you have sold fuse wire in series with cells in parallel ?
Bye
Eric
Reply
#13
(03-05-2019, 06:35 PM)Walde Wrote: What kind of 3D printer do you have?
Did you use PLA or ABS?

I used PLA on a CR-10 printer with the small 30cm x 30cm bed to print my current 14S92P battery brackets.
My next battery will be 14S108P, the maximum my printer can handle.
Quite confident that this design could be expanded to much larger packs if you have a larger print bed.


(03-05-2019, 08:41 PM)eric.peton@laposte.net Wrote: In this time I am to building in 80 cells by pack with plastic pieces 4x5 for 14s80p
If I could see before your very good conception I have to choose your principal concept
Congratulations very good choices
Just a question you have sold fuse wire in series with cells in parallel ?
Bye
Eric

Yes, I have 2 cells sharing 1 fuse wire that breaks at ca 4 Amps.  
My initial plan of using axial glass fuses on each cell seemed quite difficult to execute space wise, so I used AWG 40 wires as fuses.  I got the wires by separating the strands of a AWG 26 cable.
I am _maybe_ regretting this decision a little.  
The longish fuse wire (1cm ~ 6cm * 2 sides) has a lot more resistance than the axial glass fuses (fuse part is just 4mm), causing an estimated 2%~4% energy loss at max pack load of 25 Amps.  Twice that if you include charging and discharging.  Probably not a big issue once I have my 2nd parallel battery online.
The next time, I will probably use 32 AWG on at least the negative side.  That should reduce losses significantly while still giving some backup protection.  Perhaps also use 2 strands of 40 AWG on the positive side.
Also, 40 AWG wires are a pain to handle and solder.  And they break easily when stretched, so I needed to add some slack.
Reply


Who read this thread?
100 User(s) read this thread:
hbpowerwall, daromer, Sean, mike, NiVa, askmike72, opus40, Glubux, Elwood, Korishan, PAF, Franky Beuselinck, Mike C, jdeadman, wim, The-J-Man, Kaspars Krumins, watts-on, Dan Lim, jesusangel, Hanssing, Fredd, IronSky, Stefaan De Ridder, Chiptosser, BlueSwordM, Johnny Stauersbøl, KaminoReal, Shade, Mazlem, Geek, floydR, Menno, hookemdevils22, Grumplestiltskin, Lucian Macota, DCkiwi, zag2me, emerca, ChrisD5710, Oz18650, okent, CarelHassink, GMRedline, Jensk, karmi27, bigblue, Ste Collister, Charly144, djuro, BoomBoomShroom, SecondHandPower, ClardiPower, sturgeo, rtgunner, simonisabella, gpn, Eratigena, Crimp Daddy, Redpacket, EnergyDoc, Ibiza, Onizuka, indigo, cadric, choncy12, Wobbleszo, Cherry67, Sholphin02, Walde, MissSolar, 100fuegos, Anonymousse, mishok, bukvaahmed@gmail.com, Katarn_89, w0067814, Joel McFarlane, TheEngineared, LaserTony, chuckp, photon4, keaton85, Electronic Matrix, Hector, MGPTWEGB, emuland-metroman, Desoxyribose, olde guido, Chass90, Leipi35, runsnbunsn, b0re, Niemma, singlecell, sl1me, Dirty Optics, Sparky28, harddinero, Wolf

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)