Fishy?

Did the newly registered member "RickyG1300" message anyone else looking to buy their items via PayPal? I texted him via cell phone and he agreed to buy my item via PayPal but never asked for photos, the box, manual, nothing. Kinda seemed happy just to have my PayPal email address. Maybe a password hacking crew? Maybe it's legit and I'm just paranoid. Miami (305) cell phone number. Just feels fishy...

Always keep an eye out. Giving emails can be fishy. In terms of paypal i always keep 1 address extra that i give out that easily can be swapped out if needed. In such way there is no risk if people starts spamming it.

And of course make sure you have safe passwords on your account

So I was being paranoid and the dude found the charger for sale via another web search. He rebuilds EV batteries down in South Fl and just wanted that model charger and even Hobby King is sold out right now, so it's the only one he could find.

The interesting thing is that a google search turned up the Turnigy results even though it's only posted on this page. A note for the admin I guess...the items for sale here are somehow linked into other search engines..

But I'm stoked, he bought it and as long as there is no charge back in a week, I'll be happy.

Its normal that its done that way :)

Back