Choosing an inverter

Rabbithacker921

Hi all, I recently purchased 30 panels and a hybrid grid tie inverter. (Solarcity H6, manufactured by Delta). After receiving it and doing more research i discovered it only accepts battery's of 400-580v. Unfortunately this is not what i wanted, i had hoped that i could eventually build a powerwall to add to it. As a result my plan now is to have 28 panels strictly in grid tie with the delta.

Project 2

Now, i have about 270+ decent 18650s. I was planning on starting by just building a few 7s40p packs just to get a hang of it. After a while (still months down the road) i would like to get an inverter that i could use with 2-4 panels and a small power wall to provide a backup/camping "generator".

My main question here today is does anyone have a good recommendation on a inverter that will work well for this purpose. I would like one that can be connected directly into the main if i chose to do so down the road. The main loads on this pack will be occasional phone and laptop charging.

Attached is the spec sheet for the panels.
image_pyrsms.jpg

image_pgafyv.jpg

Inverter i have View attachment 9

Inverter i am looking at, if someone could look and see if this will work how i want. Also if someone has a smaller recommendation that will work too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3KVA-24V-M...Built-in-Solar-Charge-Controller/233282785458

Thank you all!

-Rabbit

Attachments

• delta.pdf
    570.4 KB · Views: 1,869
The link is an MPP clone. You should rather get one from MPP solar directly if so.
And go 48V instead of 24. You already bought 1 inverter... Soon you want to go bigger than above and you then need to buy a 3rd.

Also note that those inverters draw around 60w idle. So you need a fairly large battery bank just to cope with the Idle load and plenty of solar to charge that up during the day.

The linked inverter will most likely work. You wont find much smaller unless you do 12V or buy even cheaper gear.

daromer said:
The link is an MPP clone. You should rather get one from MPP solar directly if so.
And go 48V instead of 24. You already bought 1 inverter... Soon you want to go bigger than above and you then need to buy a 3rd.

Also note that those inverters draw around 60w idle. So you need a fairly large battery bank just to cope with the Idle load and plenty of solar to charge that up during the day.

The linked inverter will most likely work. You wont find much smaller unless you do 12V or buy even cheaper gear.
Thank you very much, I didn't even consider the idle draw. Also thanks for the MPP Solar info, i would certainly prefer to get a reputable brand vs a clone.

Back