hello need advice and information about 9800mAh cell

stiplanet

hello all member i need advice ,i want to build my first power wall batterie 48v 14kw capacity
but i need advice and helps to build and chose best cell and bms and parts
i saw on aliexpress 3.7v 9800mAh cell it is true value or fake
all helps and advice are welcome thanks

18650 cells with current chemical technology can only have an energy density of around 3600mAh max. There are NO 18650 form factor over 3800 for sure.

However, other form factors, like 26650 can have a larger capacity as it's a physically larger cell. https://www.imrbatteries.com/26650-batteries/ Cells up to 4300mAh are listed

a good quality 18650 will always show the weight of the cell, they are usually over 43 grams. The fake ones never show the weight on the ads, they are usually under 40 grams. The ones that say 9800 mah are sometimes as low as 1000 mah. People who use them in flashlights would be happy with them since they perform ok in that application.

For best results always get the namebrand cells, even used namebrand are still usable in batterypacks. Its all I use. But some namebrands can also be faked. If unsure about a battery run a capacity check on them.

But proper weight does not guarantee anything. Some fraudulent manufacturers just put in a tiny cell inside the 18650, and fill the rest with sand to adjust the weight.

9800mAh in 18650 format is obviously an impossibility using current technology.
If you're going to order a possibly fake product from aliexpress, state on the order that you're going to capacity test every cell. Threaten that you're going to immediately open a dispute if the cells are not up to specs, or do not arrive on time (beware of fake tracking numbers). Serious manufacturers will have no issue with that - fishy ones will cancel the order. That should hopefully save you some time, nerves and money.

thank you all for your advice, now someone can advise me a shop to buy online the good cell cells? also give me the list of parts that I will need to build a battery type 14s 48v capacity 14kwh
it is my firt time to try to build
thanks best regard stiplanet

Above 3600 fake for 18650.
Other formats could be up to 1000A, probably li iron phosphate

hello Daromre i live in africa buy from china market is easy and good for me ,like chine onlie store
advice me china shop and the quantity i must to buy , and all accessories i will need thanks

stiplanet said:
advice me china shop and the quantity i must to buy , and all accessories i will need thanks

I think you are asking for quite a bit. I would suggest you read other threads in the various sections to get an idea of what you need for your build.

I really cant advice on any gear nor China gear as such. I dont have any source in China that is good enough but I havent either done any tests

stiplanet said:
hello Daromre i live in africa buy from china market is easy and good for me ,like chine onlie store

The problem with your questions is that we all have different requirements and expectations of what we won't to achieve from our systems.

Your requirements will be site specific to your needs and as such anything recommend could be vastly under or over sized to meet your requirement.

I would suggest you start out by deciding on what you want from your system i.e. off grid, grid tied, hibrid, do you want to meet all your power needs, supplement an exiting grid supply or emergency backup in the event of a grid failure?

Size your packs to suit your requirements, select equipment based on your needs.

I would recommend a thorough read through the FAQ's and various build threads, to get a better understanding of what's involved.

thanks Chuckp thank you for your advice, I will read the different post to see if I can have answers
I need a backup for off grid system
I need 30kwh at the end but I want to start with a small backup of 14 kwh
to undertand how to build and how 18650 work
thanks to all for your the reply
best regard

Back