Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Babysteps into 18650
UK seller I posted before. Very good quality see first page of your thread.
My Powerwall Build Thread

Maniac_Powerwall: 1x 14S100P 18650 LiIo, 6x 345W LG panels, MPP Solar PIP5048GK, Batrium Watchmon4 BMS
Question 
Maniac_Powerwall Wrote:UK seller I posted before. Very good quality see first page of your thread.
 I've checked it, but the cost of transportation is even more expensive then the product Huh
But not that expensive anyway. In my opinion. One of them will give you enough fuse wire for life ;-)
My Powerwall Build Thread

Maniac_Powerwall: 1x 14S100P 18650 LiIo, 6x 345W LG panels, MPP Solar PIP5048GK, Batrium Watchmon4 BMS
(02-21-2020, 07:26 AM)Pietershomeprojects Wrote:
Korishan Wrote:What kind of system did you use to try to heat the water?

I made solar panels, with 50m Tyleen tube on a spiral…. When the sun is out it actually produces a lot of heat, (it melted the pool tubes so temp above 80 degrees) but once the water is running it doesn't got a lot of effect... if i really want to have effect i got to make this very big... and then, when there is no sun…. i got nothing… also the system to determinate when the water should acctually pass trough it, was a little too expensive, so i'm manually operating it, and that gives the opposite effect sometimes, if it's colder outside, it cools the water down... so i'm not using this anymore… it looked good when i started it... found an old picture... got 4 of these.... this was the first one… this panel is 1m * 1m... the picture is 1 corner of the shed roof... like a quarter… so imagine how many solar panels can fit on there….

[Image: WP_20150207_002%5B1%5D.jpg]
A few pointers for your water heater.
-you want the tubes to get hot when there is sun and no water circulating BUT
-you want the water to be circulating fast enough and with enough volume that it absorbs all the heat and comes out only a little warmer than it went in.
Why?
If the panel gets hot while water is circulating, then not all the heat is going into the water, so heat is escaping back into the atmosphere.
I suspect that the water going through your panel will come out at high temp, but not all the heat going into the panel will be making it into the water.
I suspect several smaller coils/circuits, with more water volume will have a greater overall effect.
Oz18650 Wrote:A few pointers for your water heater.
-you want the tubes to get hot when there is sun and no water circulating BUT
-you want the water to be circulating fast enough and with enough volume that it absorbs all the heat and comes out only a little warmer than it went in.
Why?
If the panel gets hot while water is circulating, then not all the heat is going into the water, so heat is escaping back into the atmosphere.
I suspect that the water going through your panel will come out at high temp, but not all the heat going into the panel will be making it into the water.
I suspect several smaller coils/circuits, with more water volume will have a greater overall effect.
Ehm, i think there is a misunderstanding….
i don't want the tubes to get hot without water circulating...
i just have to manually activate those panels.... and when it's cold, and the water circulates, cause i wasn't able to turn over the switch, they cool down the pool instead of heating...

In theorie this setup works… but with my job i'm not Always home at the times when the sun comes out... so, i don't use it for the moment... i should investigate a way to automate it...

Had some time yesterday,... figured to make my first pack...

4S 4P just for the gardenlights... just as testing in small setup... still waiting for the BMS to arrive, a stepdown convertor to 12V, next on the list, solarpanel and solar charger....
after i see how that works out, i can move on... still need to step up my search for more cells…

What do you guys think of the pack? Pretty happy with the result, less happy with my soldering iron
Cool

maybe you can use solder flux or another type of solder and a hotter solder iron
Pietershomeprojects likes this post