Dark Star's Off Grid Solar Tiny Home Build

darkstar824

Whats up diyers? This shall be the kick off to my build thread. We are in very VERY early stages of our overall project, which is to build a 100% sustainable off the grid tiny home out of a soon to be heavily modified early 2000's 31ft camper. This premise will be started with the camper but be carried over into a self sustained workshop within a shipping container or 2 and from there into an actual cabin which will be built onsite using mostly or all solar/wind power once we are established on the property in the tiny home.

We are starting out with getting our solar system designed and underway so that the rest of our tiny home can be designed and 12v fixtures and LEDsbe implemented anywhere possible and needed. We are also taking safety into heavy consideration building an 18650 bank for a tiny home. In the early days it will be housed within the camper in a modified, fire proofed area until our "solar container" is delivered and we have an opportunity to set it up and begin that conversion which will lead into the solar shop down the way.

As of now we have been starting to harvest the 160 8 cell aris packs I recently got from battery hookup which amazing results! We just finished building what I have deemed the "liittowall" and will begin to charge and test112 cells a day. My first series of packs will be 14s80p and be hung off of Pete and Marks wall mounts which I am having cut out by a good friend here in Connecticut.I will be getting a batirium watchmon 4 with expansion kit and 28 longmons to start. All of it will be housed within a server cabinet.Once the 14s80p is done I will be most likely jumping right into a 14s240p I'm thinking, but who knows, the wife and I greatly enjoy harvesting and the whole process.... for now. I can see a large order of packs going in very soon. Ill be sure to take plenty of pictures and document as much of the process to share with you guys as possible!

Back