NighPV - Batteries to use our solar power at night?

serjio

So this is going to be the introduction:

Currently I am still in consideration / battery-harvesting / planning process.

What already exists:
Photovoltaic installation with a 3phase grid tie inverter that runs on around 600vdc (up to 1000 possible) and converts all the solar energy imediately to AC.

Our house has a 3phase 380v system (single phase to neutral is 220~230vac).

The plan for now is to start with a single phase 1kw battery inverter.
I would like to build a 14s32p battery with around 5kWh capacity for starters to gather some expirience and learn how to deal with batteries, bms, chargers and everything else needed to safely operate a powerwall system.
I planto connect a first single phase systemto the one phase that sees the largest nightly power consumption (need to measure all phases for a certain period). The system should then charge at daytime (while excess energy from solar panels is available) and discharge at night through the additional inverter to cover the consumption we have.

Later on, a second battery & inverter combo can be added to a second phase and subsequently the same to the third phase. (Can't use the same battery because of common-ground-problems --> phases will possiblybe connected through the inverters and burn them when operating from the same battery system so better to have separate systems for now... and later on maybe replace the inverter with a 3phase-solar & battery inverter)
I do not plan to touch the PV-Inverter right now since this one has no battery capabilities. If it reaches his end of life, I might replace it with a battery-capable one.

Currently I still test cells & work on the cell holders. I am going to 3d-Print them. Will do 4x4 cells, expandible in one direction in order to do 4x8=32cells/ 4x12=48cells etc...

I ve done a similar project with only one panel of 250W, 1 PACK 14S20P ( about 2kwh of capacity, little less because i dont charge it fully for lifetime )

after the panel solar it i put an MPPT CONTROLER/charger buy on aliexpress/Banggood the model is MPT-7210A it allow to charge lithium ion pack in a wide range of voltage
( from memory i ve set it at 57.4V as charging complete, this way it balance my cells ( 14S20P ) at 4.1V each. )

I after use a DC - DC step down module to reduce the voltage of my pack at 24V , it allow me to light all my garden ( i choose 24 V for security, and also you can buy 24V lamp led 5W 7W or other ) and also a remote gate motor choosen in 24v instead 230V AC ( my gate is very far from my house )

Also in a garden 24V is really safe with only good fuses you protect everything
( no problem with kids making hole everywhere with shovel ) and you can put cable at 20cm under the ground , you have not to put them at 1 meter under the ground for safety...

I can light my garden every end of day until 2 am freely , now i m searching for a light detector in 24v for doing all automatically

( sorry for my english i m french )

Back