Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanon Batteries .... Yeh - did they dupe me?
(02-04-2020, 12:31 AM)Korishan Wrote: twinclouds: That user was a spammer and was removed. They were hiding urls in their text.
O.K.  Thanks.
hbpowerwall likes this post
As I open up more Vanon batteries, I'm convinced that several unrelated factories are producing "Vanon" batteries. There is absolutely no consistency to their packs. So besides laptop cells in a power tool pack, and the usual overstated capacity (1.5 Ah cells in a pack labeled 2.0Ah), I am now finding what appear to be genuine but dented/damaged/used Sanyo and Sony high drain cells in some of their Dyson V6 replacement batteries. Cuz honestly, who would fake a Sanyo LOL. But in all seriousness, I would avoid Vanon just for the fact that you have no idea what's going to be inside. And some of the BMS's I've been seeing don't even monitor each cell's voltage, yikes!
hbpowerwall likes this post
Check out my long-term capacity test of 18650s: https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread.php?tid=6868
Nice! Project Farm did a test of these batteries. Also Whatlet. Compared these against a legit DeWalt battery

Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
This is a great video. The results are consistent with my experience. Too many misleading such videos on YouTube. Hope this video can change some people's mind.
It looks like all Vanon batteries using 1.5Ah cells, no matter what is marked on the battery. This is really false advertisement but seems there's not much we can do about it. Is this true?
Korishan likes this post